Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The wall

This is a quickie but I couldn't NOT share it. A confession to make and truly a giggle and point moment:

As you know, I suffer from insomnia.  You can tell that often times by the posts I make and the rude hour at which I make them.  Well, with all that has been going on, it is in FULL gear and I am beyond tired.  The thought of sleep makes me want to cry.  I'm jealous of those who do. But I will get there.  It will pass. 

Now you also know that I have been warrior training much harder with only six weeks or so until my race.  Today was no different. At least, it didn't start that way. I did my "run" and am impressed with the time I've shaved off.  I did my abs and was pleased with the addition of one more "round".  Then came push ups. 

I'm not a graceful athlete. Push ups are hard for me (less so now than when I started but still...) well I was doing just fine. Doooown Up....doooooown up...then down.

I don't know when I fell asleep.  I truly don't remember doing it.  But I awoke because I was cold and found that I had been out long enough to leave droolies on the gym floor; not to mention the mat marks on my face.  That was some HARRRRD snoozin. I even had "sex hair".  I must have looked like a new born moose trying to get up and figure out who in the Hell stole my push ups. I couldn't even tell you how many I did! I staggered up the steps and changed into Mommy clothes.  Warrior? Sleep tight. Even if only for a moment.

It was good. 
I liked it.

That's it. I just thought it was funny.
Have a restful night everyone.  I'll be up watching...or maybe I'll just do some push ups....
;)

2 comments:

  1. As a Warrior, you must excel in all you do. Work...Exercise....Naps. Afterall, if you are going take a nap, do it in style!

    Thanks for sharing Tess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't believe it! I excelled all right. I'm glad you were here to share it.

    ReplyDelete

The Lady with the Lantern

 When the fire gets low and the voices quiet, she always comes up.  The lady with the lantern.  Now the stories often vary: She lost her bab...