Monday, October 29, 2012

Riding out the storm. So far, so good. We've got a couple of generators, water, candles, flashlights, games, and enough food to feed an army. The toddlers are freaking out, refusing to let me out of their sight. Birdie insists on hiding under everything, peering suspiciouly from under blankets, furniture... you name it. And Winston just looks out the window, leaves a fresh nose print and implores me with those eyes to make it less scary outside. Poor buddy. It's starting to get more aggressive here. We are getting pelted pretty good with rain and the wind is definitely howling but no ark yet. It's supposed to hit land soon. Then the fun really starts.

Thank you all for checking up on me.  Your texts and emails have been hilarious and soothing. My hope is that we keep power.  For those of you locally along for the ride, be safe, keep in touch. For all my "outer" pals, I'll be sure to let you know what's going on. No worries. 

Love and dry hugs.
Tess

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know you are alright. Hang in there, tread water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could have been so much worse. We were more than lucky. No power loss no property damage, nothing. I am ecstatic! Now off to work... Thank you for checkin in on me. You're good company. :)

    ReplyDelete

The Lady with the Lantern

 When the fire gets low and the voices quiet, she always comes up.  The lady with the lantern.  Now the stories often vary: She lost her bab...