Friday, September 20, 2013

Just wanted to pop up and say hi before I go.  I'm kind of excited.  I'm getting ready for my overnight this weekend. :) I will stay on the east side and hike teh glacier lake region.  It's very dense and pretty remote. I can hardly wait. I thought about taking Birdie along, but for this first one, I shall remain solo.  I will need to mix up the trail vittles and get other foodstuffs ready.  This is it gang; my warm up for the big run next year (of course I will do this several times before I disappear on THAT one ~ never fear)  Scared? You betcha.  Season for most is over so I will be alone.  REAAAALLY alone. but this is what I want to do. I truly do.  I've worked hard and am more than ready to carry my full pack (about 40-45 lbs) - all gear is tested and ready- even practiced lighting an emergency fire with steelwool and a 9v battery... okay I just did that one to show off. heehee. It IS really cool.. just sayin... This will help prepare me for next year.  The year after that? Just you wait... You'll crap your pahnts.  My parents will... I won't tell them until I leave...or maybe until I get back. Ha~ can you be grounded at my age?

The weather is cool 40s (or a little less) at night.  So it's now or never. Whew. This is it. I'm going to do this. Me. I made my goal of fifty miles this season and am very proud of that.

I'll let you know when I get back so you don't fuss n stew. Where I am headed has no reception so no, no GPS, no texts, no emails. But it will be all right. I will be okay.  I am very careful and well protected. Be excited for my adventure.  Know we will laugh about my screw ups and mishaps. Pray no bees or ticks.

:)
Love you guys.
Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lady with the Lantern

 When the fire gets low and the voices quiet, she always comes up.  The lady with the lantern.  Now the stories often vary: She lost her bab...