Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bah!
My week is gone and I've got nothing. Well, that isn't true but to confess, I have my race in less than a week and am one minute off the time I wanted for my mile. I'm so close I can taste it. Additionally, I'm riding about 5 min faster than anticipated. There is SO MUCH pressure mounting over the next week. I'm getting nervous and excited.  If I do well, then this cinches the race in Oct as well as the big boy in the spring.  I know...it's important to me...and that's really it, but you've all been so supportive and grand, I want to thank you; no matter what.  Oh and yes, celebration dinner IS steak; a big fat boy followed by cake...and you know what kind. :) I've earned every naughty delicious bite and will feel no remorse.

So I have several stories in mind, but I can't seem to focus. Being at Promises this weekend I'm hoping will help.  I miss my mountain.  I'm caught up with work, my family, my ....everything. Funny how life gets in the way while you're busy making plans...isn't it? Nothing new to any of us.  So I'll ask forgiveness, and plan to meet you here at week's end; even if for just a quickie. But let's face it, it's about the 12th and that damn hat.

Yes, there will be photos. Yes, we will giggle and point. and YES I will take a week off; well a couple of days anyway before October's training begins.

Don't give up on me, just give me a little wiggle room.  I want to share it with you and can't wait till we can spend some real quality time together. Miss you.

Much love to you all.
Tessa

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I cannot believe the race is so close. You will rock!! You are a WARRIOR!! We (your adoring fans) will wait patiently for you, and will be cheering you on, even if only in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL just catch me when I collapse at the finish, kay? (Of course that is only if I make it through check in without falling down and injuring myself...not that I would...)

    I wish you could be there. You've been such a great source of encouragement and laughter. Thank you my friend. I owe you. But don't drink my beer. I think I earned it.

    Now sentiments be damned! Bring on the HAT You wench!

    ReplyDelete

The Lady with the Lantern

 When the fire gets low and the voices quiet, she always comes up.  The lady with the lantern.  Now the stories often vary: She lost her bab...