Sunday, June 12, 2011

The time draws near my friends.  Yesterday was my last run.  How fitting with the forecast for the area that it was in the rain.  My time was not so hot but it still felt good.  I think I am  warrior dash ready.  Earlier, I had a dream that I arrived (hurried but still in time to run) and it turned out to be my high school gym class.  Instead of the race, we were waiting in line for our fitness tests.  To add insult to injury, they kept changing my results which royally pissed me off.  I'm glad I'm not stressing over this as you can plainly see by rude hour.  *yawn*

 I do want to take a minute to thank all of you for your encouragement and support.  It means a lot and I know that in spirit, I have as many cheering me on as I do along the sidelines. I hope I do well for as hard as I've worked.  I'll get there, right?


So I hope that you have a good rest of the weekend.  How about we catch up after Monday when I've had a chance to recoup hopefully without the aid of hospital staff.

I guess there is only one thing left  to say as I sit here, listening to the lake and waiting for the sun to wake up:

"Warriors to battle! HooYAH!"

And does anyone have any crutches I could borrow? Just in case.

See you soon.
Love,
Tess

2 comments:

  1. As I read this, your race is run. I do not know the results, but I am proud none the less. You have set a goal, worked hard, and achieved.

    Good job my friend! And always remember - it is all about the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat. It felt wonderful to place it on my head. This year's race was difficult. I'll fill in the details soon but suffice it to say that I KNOW in my core; I AM a warrior and nothing less.

    Thanks Love. For everything.

    ReplyDelete

The Lady with the Lantern

 When the fire gets low and the voices quiet, she always comes up.  The lady with the lantern.  Now the stories often vary: She lost her bab...