Sunday, April 15, 2012

Share with me

Well... this is just a minute or two to brag and share.
I send, submit, compete like any writer. I want to share a victory; after all my other rejections, this warrants a moment. A BIG ONE. I am celebrating with a key lime martini. Clink with me.

I listen to my ghost story pod casts and enjoy them immensely. I took a chance and submitted. I was just notified that one of my "blerbs" will be posted for April in my favorite podcast.

Want to know the truth? I cried. I couldn't even tell my friends or Cheech. I was simply speechless. The excitement was that equaled to a rollercoaster drop. I have worked so hard and to have approval, acceptance and appreciation for something (ANYTHING) I have written; let alone to see the words " I have recorded it and it will be posted in the next issue.... Thanks" simply sent me swooning to the moon. Pride? Elation? All acceptable and viable feelings at this moment. "Thanks" ? Are you motherfiretrucking KIDDING me?  I could tongue kiss you Mister! You have sent me into another dimension of happiness; ice cream excluded.

So enough of the description. The pod cast is "www.anythingghost.com"  no. 153. I am #11. You can listen to the entire cast or ff with the timer. I'm sure you know how to click on the little button for the timer ( at the top of the screen. The show is almost an hour long soooooo evaluate how many ghost stories you want to hear.) I am right in the middle: 31:38 and last until about 36:16.  Lex has been casting since 2006 and though I've been a fan, I've not been brazen enough to submit; too afraid I wasn't good enough.

This is big for me. Please come over and share a shiver.

Let's touch base soon. I have a big project in my lap right now, but I want to get together before too long.
Much love and giggly hugs.
Tess

12 comments:

  1. Congrats Tess!!! I am so happy for you! You really really deserve this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut the front door! WTG, my most talented writer friend!You are MORE than deserving so BRAG AWAY!Long distance ((((HUGS))) and ((((clinks)))) to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you THANK YOU! I am MORE than excited! This is really a great moment for me. I appreciate that you shared in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did this? Enjoy your moment in the sun. May it burn brightly for all you gave, all you are and all you will be and that is nothing NOTHING short of beautiful Little Girl. I couldn't be happier for you, feeling and sharing in the joy of your special moment. Good? No. GREAT JOB!

    My love to you.
    Tex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! You, "Old Man" are becoming a true softie. I can't thank you enough; for your harshness, your reality, your help and advice. I want to thank you for all you have shared with me and I want to tell you... I couldn't be this good without you. You are right, for all the tears and fights...public and private, it is moments like these that make it all worth while. I'd never know that without you; without your help.

    I can't hug you any harder than now, Tex.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just listened to it Tess, and it is WONDERFUL! Great job and congratulations. I hope you don't forget us "little people"!

    Keep up the good work, this is only the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Dang-it! I wish I had asked for your autograph.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya! It's good to see you here. I'm truly ecstatic. My lil five minutes of fame. It feels mighty fine. Heeeeey is that a shoe? Want me to sign it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steve, THANKS for the support and encouragement. It's been a life saver You know how nervous I was about sending it in. I'm glad i just closed my eyes and hit the button. Haha...Lil People. Never. Just wear this name tag please.

    I'd love for it to be the beginning. We'll see what happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was spooky and very good, although I would have liked to hear you telling the story with one of your spooky accents. I think I recognized that place too. You sure make us proud.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much. I am really proud and enjoyed my few minutes of fame. Thank you for sharing it with me. Love you guys

    ReplyDelete

The Lady with the Lantern

 When the fire gets low and the voices quiet, she always comes up.  The lady with the lantern.  Now the stories often vary: She lost her bab...