Sunday, June 1, 2014

What I Need

Has it really been this long? Oh my. Well no excuses, I just haven't been able to pick up a pen nor have I felt like striking a key; so much going on, life gets in the way while making plans. And right this minute, my life is upside down. Oh well my loves, better days ahead. Of this, I am sure.

But leave it to my piglet to provide a moment or two of reality and recognition that life .. should be laughed at. Always look for the giggle and point moments. They can save your sanity. Mine is unraveling, but he throws me a life line when I need it. I'll share these with you and let you smile along. Who can refuse a smile?

I snuck up to the lake in my new car, Gizmo (and I am in luv with him!) and the toddlers. It's peppy and adorable and SO me. Well off we go and I am feeling a little better than I have in weeks. I notice that Birdie is just sitting. She won't lie down and she is fidgeting.  That isn't like her at all. I tried to comfort her, new car smell and different ride and all... but she was just unsettled.  Then she showed me why. She was car sick. She threw up all over the front seat. FABULOUS. Well Winston took one look and decided THAT was the club HE most certainly wanted to join, so? Upchuck number two. Gizmo wondered why no one liked him. I got home to Promises and cleaned up (thank HEAVEN we were close to the house) and everyone settled in. I told Gizmo we were sorry and that it would be okay. 

Well it's the beginning of the season and our gang was having its annual "opener".  We were all excited to see each other and hang out; much giggling needed and anticipated for all. We also decided that we wanted to make it easy so it would just be a night of snacking. I chose carrot cake whoopie pies for dessert (They are truly decadent and wonderful and as I sit here and type... they qualify as the ultimate breakfast of this champion) The busy bee is me and began to bake and putter.  I had most on a plate but about 8-10 were left cooling on the rack on the table. Keep that tucked away for a minute. You can call me a goof soon. I saw one of my extra kids out in the yard and stepped out to talk with her for a minute. She was frog hunting. I love frogs so I went with her. 

And left the cookies WHERE? With WHO?  *insert villainous music now*

Frogless, I scuffed up to the porch to hear Birdie going wild just inside the door. It was kind of a "Lassie" moment: "WHAT? The sheriff's tied up and the jail's burnin down? Well THANKS girl! LET'S GO!" 

I walked in and asked "What? What??" 

I heard scrambling and gulping.

I walked in to the kitchen to see five cookies on the rack and one mauled on the table but Winston was underneath scarfing down as many as he was able to scoot off the table. His mouth was CRAMMED full and he was chewing as fast as he could. He couldn't even get his face shut there was so much goin on in his mouth.

I guess the cookies were cooled down.

I pointed my finger at him and Birdie began to do the "Ha ha you're gonna GET it" dance. He lowered his head shamefully and kept chewing.

I put him in jail.

Once paroled, he joined us out on the back deck where snax and laughter were being served up in abundance. We had all seen a HUGE moth that was resting quietly along the back wall. It was the size of a bat. So of course with margaritas flowing for most; it became a "Mat" a "math" and a "both" (short "o") Nobody thought anything of it.  Nobody but Winston. All of a sudden in the midst of our relaxing evening, there was this scurrying, snarling ruckus as my little piglet began pouncing, smacking and biting this moth.  

The moth kicked my dog's arse. It had a stinger, or little poison antennae or SOMETHING because it gave my son a fat lip. We laughed until we thought we'd run out of breath because Win just kept after it and barking but you could hear his jowls come together with a slap; a kind of puppy lisp if you will.

Oh the stress relief that comes from laughter. Not much, it doesn't change the mess swirling around me right now, but combined with the love of those most near and dear it's

What I need.

I know it's not a lot, but it's the most I have at the moment.  Thanks for all the support, encouragement and cyber hugs. It means a lot and I appreciate you all. 

Much love, many hugs.
Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lady with the Lantern

 When the fire gets low and the voices quiet, she always comes up.  The lady with the lantern.  Now the stories often vary: She lost her bab...