Saturday, November 20, 2010

Roll with it

This is about who knows you best, their understanding of what you need, and their loving you enough to bring you back from the rockiest of ledges. I have been struggling with some painful issues, realizations and disappointments. This sadness has made me question so many things. So many people. Cheech has been forced to sit back and watch me run in this mud for too long. He hates it. He gets frustrated because this isn't who I am. I enjoy people, laughing and good things. Life is too short to be anchored down by miserable experiences. Learn from the bad times sure, but live for and live IN the good ones. All right, off my soap box. So I tell you, this man knows me better than I know myself. He understood exactly what I needed and I'm going to share it with you; I needed to laugh. Really laugh to regain perspective.

We had been up at Promises with some friends and had a much needed blow out good time.  The kids played, Yayas were together and got to talk some..there was bbq so HOW could anything be amiss? It wasn't, not really. (some things nagged at me in the back of my mind, but over all? It was great) The only downfall? I had to change the toilet paper in every bathroom in the house at some point during the weekend.  Again; it's no big deal, just toilet paper. Best to do it now than get "stuck" having to have someone save you at that moment when you most want to be alone.

So the weekend was good.  I came home after a long arduous drive and popped in to the downstairs bathroom...had to change the roll. Crap! No pun intended.  I didin't mind. *sigh* and the night went on.  We got ready for school and Monday.  Cheech and I snuck in to the kitchen for our top secret ice cream extravaganza (It just means we eat ice cream and don't share it with the kids... a small but giggly victory nonetheless) then headed up for bed.  Making my last pit stop before hitting it, guess what? Yep. Damn paper. But I refused to sit quietly by...that doesn't sound right...let me clarify:  I announced "I have had to change every roll of toilet paper in every bathroom in every house we own!" I punctuated it with a slam of the cupboard door and a bent out of shape huff.

Lights out. Sweet dreams. The Charmin bears were chasing me, poking my ass with sticks. Wonder why?

Monday came whether I wanted it to or not. I got up and started the NASCAR event that zooms around our house known as "morning". Everyone out the door, to the bus....I headed upstairs for one last venture AND? SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! The roll is firetrucking EMPTY!

How can this BE? Are those nasty little bears eating it like pasta? Has my daughter begun to stuff her bra? I stood up and hobbled over to get what I needed, muttering like the crazy people who sleep under the interstate; only a few  intelligible words seeping out ...."AGAIN!. mmmgmmmffrrmmmm ANYMORE! mmmfmffffmfmfmf NOT ME!!!"

And I unhappily went about my day. I steered clear of the bathroom at work becasue I felt that the Charmin bears were plotting against me but by lunch I needed to go. I peeped in like Nancy Drew and noticed "Aha!" the roll was in decent shape so I rushed in.

My day improved and I survived the night.
Tuesday swept in. Routines run, I brushed my teeth and had to go. I sat down AND? Shock of shocks the friggin roll had just enough to force me to get up.

And it dawned on me.  He'd pulled enough off the full roll and rewrapped the empty tube in the bathrooms so I would have to change it. He'd been doing this for two days.

I laughed so hard I ...well, was in the right place at the right time.
I love you Cheech. Thank you for making me laugh, for taking the time to show me what I need to do; roll with it.

But game on.....seriously bub...you're done.




Just getting back to me; slowly but surely I will get there. Thanks for toughing it out. Better days. I hope you smiled along with me. It feels better when we do. See you soon.

4 comments:

  1. He is somethin else! Dat man-o-mine!
    Thanks for laughing at ...no wait WITH me. I'm always glad when you stop in. Leave your paper I can change it when I come over next. I'm an expert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny!! I have a busy week this week, with lots of hours in the store and getting everything for Thanksgiving. I came home from work totally worn out. I sat down and read some of your stories and I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. My body hurts a bit less than before...maybe I can do one more 11 hour day!! One question though, do you have a convertible??? Thanks for the laughs!! You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have no idea what that means to me!! Yes I drive a convertible but is DOES sound a bit ...skewed doesn't it? maybe that's why I print it as such. :)

    I'm so glad you got to stop here and smile. It means more than you know. And believe me...that one more day? it goes for miles. and miles.
    Have a safe holdiay; enjoy those you love. you deserve no less.
    much love/more laughs. :)
    tess

    ReplyDelete

The Lady with the Lantern

 When the fire gets low and the voices quiet, she always comes up.  The lady with the lantern.  Now the stories often vary: She lost her bab...