Friday, November 12, 2010





Well, I didn't mean NEXT week but that is what it has turned into.  My week has been horrible but there is a bright side. 

My daughter will be inducted into the Yayas this weekend (as will another Petite) This has been a busy week getting the right tiaras, bracelets, chalices and rest of the "gear". Their ceremony will be Saturday night. We've enjoyed planning each girl's induction but when it is your own daughter...well it becomes ...frightening, exciting and the happiest sadness I've ever known.

It's recognition of her growing up. I'm acknowledging her maturity. I'm giving up control (yeahhhh figuratively as we ALL know heehee) and letting go just a little more. That's scary.

Where is the little girl who thought I was a genius when I sewed the eye back on "nightmare Bear"?  What happened to the look of wonderment when I KNEW exactly which cake she wanted for her birthday?
And what about the comfort and innocence of the naps we used to take together snuggled in bed, reading our stories?


They were replaced:
with an incredible sense of humor, a beautiful caring nature and a sharp fast intellect.
She is amazing, beautiful and filled with curiosity, laughter and love of adventure. I love watching her change, hate butting heads and despise that sometimes? She is right.


Here is her induction speech:



Yaya Xoia,
Xoia is Galician for jewel.  You are a jewel of the yayas.  You are strong, lovely, and precious.  As your mother, I wish only success in your life, happiness, love and PEACE.  This can never happen but as a yaya, I hope you understand the SERENITY of knowing that joy is stronger than sorrow, laughter is more lovely than tears and friendship more precious than anger or hate.
Your DESTINY is to LIVE LIFE to the fullest. Experience all the fantastic opportunities offered to you and learn from those you relish as well as those that hurt. Know that we will always catch you when you fall; and you will. Understand that there are friendships without end, without condition, without distance; filled with acceptance, tolerance and patience.  These are yayas. May you find yours and always feel at home with ours.
Discover those things in yourself.  Expect them of those with whom you choose to share your life.
I welcome you Yaya Xoia. I love you Madeline Grace.
Always and forever.
 Your Mom/ Contessa


What a wonderful weekend this will be. I am misty in anticipation. My baby girl...

Thanks for stopping in. I do have some work and I will try to get it posted. Thanks for hanging in with me and sharing in this great  time my friends.

6 comments:

  1. That is a lovely sentiment and a wonderful speech. You have a beautiful daughter, and you must be so proud. I know the tears watching them grow up, and not need you as much, but this will bring you two closer in a new way. Congrats to Maddie, for becoming a Yaya, and congrats to you, for raising a wonderful child.

    Smedley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my friend. It is truly a special occasion and I couldn't be more excited. She IS beautiful and wonderful. I grow more proud everyday. She is so much of me and more. I love that little girl. I treasure that young woman. I anticipate the friendship of my daughter.

    Thanks again Love. it means so very much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could be there. Give her big hugs from Aunt Yaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you and to Maddie!!!!! Wish I could've been there. I'm sure it was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so very special; long anticipated and greatly enjoyed. Your lovely face was sorely missed. Two more glasses to clink.

    "Ya-YA!"
    :)

    ReplyDelete

The Lady with the Lantern

 When the fire gets low and the voices quiet, she always comes up.  The lady with the lantern.  Now the stories often vary: She lost her bab...