Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I thought I'd give you the update on the toddlers. Why? Well, because it's funny and laughing is one of my favorite things to do.

First, my piglet. Winston is my ugly baby. I love this dog. He makes me crazy but I love him. So I felt bad when the vet informed me that he needed a dental. I didn't fight her on it because his breath is the reason so many believe in zombies. Yikes. I think that he is the Zombie Apocalypse Messiah, secretly scouring our cities chomping on the undead ultimately to save us. Or maybe he just eats trash. Well it's an all day affair so I dropped him off in the morning and took the call in the afternoon that he had to have seven teeth pulled. Seven. Guilt sat firmly in my lap. A short time later, I got the call that my piglet was in recovery and I could come and get him.  I zipped up and anxiously awaited the patient. He came out and I snorted right there in the office. He had Marty Feldman eyes and they were trying to see right through me. He had wobbly baby head and I think he could feel noises and smell colors. He sure looked like that was what he was trying to do. Once home, he insisted (jumped out of the car before I could help him) on walking on his own as if to say :

You sh'up. I can do-ish (remember: teeth extracted. He barks with a lisp and snores with a whistle now heehee) Nuffin wrong wif me. Or me. whoa. who is shaking the floor?"

and promptly crashed in to the motorcycle, fell off the steps to the garage, and trotted sideways: like his ass was racing his nose. Of course I didn't make him run to me three or four times laughing until tears ran down my leg because that would be mean. Mean Mommy! So it's been soft stuff and no toys or cookies for him. His sutures will dissolve and his will get his full yawn back soon, but for now, he just opens and closes his mouth like he forgot what he wanted to say.

And now let's briefly revisit a little statement I made; no cookies. Birdie is fine and is allowed to have cookies. I have a cookie jar with a favorite new treat in it: PBJ's ( they look like nutter butters wrapped in bacon ) Hmmmm... not a bad idea... but I digress.  While doting on my piglet, I have somewhat neglected the Nubian Princess. She decided to treat herself; to treats. And a lot of them. I would have never known had she not decided to share that (and said treats) with me. I had just put the piglet to bed~he had to be confined for a day or two while recovering from his trip to Sky-High Ville and sat down in the library.  I heard rustling and told her to quit --she's like a kid. You know it's bad so you don't even have to look really. You just scold. Well she popped up on the couch and in her mouth was a PBJ. She had that happy pant like "Just LOOK what I found!" So I took it from her and laughed.  she sulked and went away but not two seconds later, 'BOINK" there she was with ANOTHER one. She was even HAPPIER about this one because I guess now we EACH had one and could snack together. Awwww so nice. So I took it away and got off my lazy arse to see.

Almost a pound.

She ate almost a pound of bacon wrapped nutter butters. I sighed, put them up and patted her head.  Her ears went back and she winced: "OOOOO I"ma GEEEET it...." but I didn't. I just waited for Karma to come around.

It did.

She refused dinner. Winston ate mush and dribbled out the side of his lil mouth. She refused breakfast the next morning.  I figured the "choo choo" was on it's way.  It was; much like a speeding bullet train, barreling through her "over-treated" intestines.  She almost opened the door herself to get out there and make pudding in the grass. She was so sick. I could just hear her:

"OHHHH MYYYYY GAWWWWWD! MAAAAKE IT STOOOOP!!! STOP POOPING!"

Guess who doesn't want bacon wrapped nutter butters anymore?

it's not Winston.

So that's been my last couple of days. I've posted a video of Wee-man fighting his meds. ~heehee mean mommy.
Love my toddlers.
This is it you know, no more. NO MORE....

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww the poor (hehehehe) baby. I hope (hehehehe) he is doing ok (hehehehehe). I am not (hehehehe) giggling at him, (hehehehehe) honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my piglet, you know that but this was just too funny. I just wish I had the video of him running sideways. LOL. Ahhhh good times. It's what life is all about: giggling and pointing.

    Thanks for coming over my Dear; always fun.

    ReplyDelete

The Lady with the Lantern

 When the fire gets low and the voices quiet, she always comes up.  The lady with the lantern.  Now the stories often vary: She lost her bab...