Sunday, November 18, 2012

Well my week is over and I must head back to work tomorrow.

I enjoyed my days up north; the otter, the eagles, beaver and even the coyotes in an eerie way. I had some snow and loved watching the ice begin to form across the water. It was great to have the fire going and write.( I have quite a few to get up but we'll wait for them. They need to marinate. :)  )  It's so beautiful and peaceful here. Cheech and I passed in the night so to speak as they headed up to spend a Paul Bunyan weekend; just the guys.

That meant girls only back home. so we decorated the house for the holidays, shopped, ate lunch out and then? What would any sane mother daughter duo do? We watched horror movies and scared ourselves rotten. It began with a few zombies but by the time the sun gave up on us, we were knee deep in jungle monsters and mutants.  The lights? Oh no they weren't on. Where's the fun in that?  We were too scared to even go to the kitchen to eat dinner and denied it by making fun of each other with nervous laughter:

"Chicken."

"No! YOU'RE chicken!"

~more nervous laughter.

Nobody moved.

 The dogs still had to go out though. so it became a game of "Your turn" Whoever lost that, was stuck outside with? Oh yeah, zombies, jungle monsters and mutants... I think I saw a crazed psychopathic killer near the barn. And to be completely unreasonable, we would turn the lights OUT on each other and stand there glaring at the lock....Do I? Should I? It would keep them out...

When we could no longer stand being in the family room, we turned on lights, made a panicked grab for some snacks and raced up the stairs. My daughter was slamming on lights ahead and I was cutting them out as we ran. No communication was needed by anyone; not even the toddlers. Nope. We all dashed up jumped in bed, hid the snacks and clicked the TV. We spent all night watching, snacking and scaring the holy snot out of each other. Sleep? It's for the weak. Besides, someone had to keep watch. heehee. We woke up this morning and went out to breakfast; just to make sure the world hadn't been destroyed during the night. My coffee and rye toast spoke volumes; our species survived another day.

Ahhhh good times.  A great way to end my vacation.
So the boys are on their way home, I am flipping between football games and horror movies. I just never learn.

Well, let's catch up soon; provided we survive the night(and) the dawn of the living dead; the primal, splintered predators and those people that lurk outside...

It's time to take the toddlers out... WHOSE turn is it?

Ohhhh no. Not mine.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend! Glad you had fun. Lets yap soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea. Miss ya. Always nice to see you.

    ReplyDelete

The Lady with the Lantern

 When the fire gets low and the voices quiet, she always comes up.  The lady with the lantern.  Now the stories often vary: She lost her bab...