Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hmmm I wanted to get here and write.  I redecorated my bedroom instead.  With Cheech away, I thought it would be a nice surprise and considering it hasn't been done in over a decade; LONG overdue.  The kids have been bad enough this week to owe me time; lots of it. So they rolled up their sleeves a hid their discontent and pitched in.

It turned out beautifully.  A wonderful shade of blue accented in chocolate and white. It's crisp and clean, refreshing and lovely.  He even LIKES it. Hooray!

The only problems we had were the dogs and the paint.  Winston decided that the cool brushes with pretty blue stuff on them just looked too dom good NOT to lick.  He stood there with "spa blue" around his mouth like he'd devoured a colony of Smurfs and flipped me the  "What?" look.  Birdie, suffering from OCD, couldn't stand the chaos caused by moved furniture, tall ladders and misplaced items so she tried to protect us from the evil aliens by biting at them.  Funny until you are trimming the top corning of a vaulted ceiling and the damn ladder moves.  I just tell people that's when the phone rang.

The kids were great considering they've never painted before.  They had some conceptual issues with "drop cloths" and why we can't hold the paint tray while painting, but it cleaned up nicely; except for the spot over by the closet.  I need new rugs anyway.

So I have been a busy girl.  Not to mention I began training.  Yep added a mile to my repertoire and kept my time intact.  I am MORE than proud of myself.  By spring I should be ready.  I struggled with some back trouble but am doing great now.

I will try to get a real post up this evening.  If not, you know why.  I'm pooped. Time for football and snoozing... I mean cheering. ;)

See you soon.
Love,
Tess

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a job well done. So THATS why Winnie has not been feeling well. At least it will be easy to find the, er, "presents" he leaves in the yard (or on the rug). I am glad to hear the kids helped out too. Now, just beware of any post painting neck pain. Just saying ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone worked so hard and I have to say that it is one of the prettiest rooms I've ever done...of course kudos to those who helped.

    I'm guessing that's his issue. He's trying so hard to be a good boy. Yesterday he just sat at the door. He wanted to be ready to get outside in case of emergency yard brownies. He IS a giving little boy.

    Post painting pain...I've been SO lucky. Of course I've been extra diligent with the hot tub therapy.

    ReplyDelete

The Lady with the Lantern

 When the fire gets low and the voices quiet, she always comes up.  The lady with the lantern.  Now the stories often vary: She lost her bab...