Monday, February 7, 2011

WPS

So here we are again.
Why this song? Well, they are my dirty boys first of all and this song affects me deeply; especially now.  Things have been rough and tumble; filled with unpleasantries, hardships and some scary decisions. I don't mean to sound ominous or cryptic; we're all dealing with something after all, aren't we?  This is one of those songs that gives me strength. Silliness, but all too true.

As many of you know (and more of us have discussed...) there is a race that looms above me (aside from our Warrior Dash) . One that will kick my ass no matter how hard I work. To prove that point to myself I went for a run. I ran until my lungs burned and I thought my legs were gone.  My feet were numb and the threat of vomiting was real.  But I did not stop, I simply turned around and deciding I'd gone half way, began to head back. I wanted to cry. For a moment I thought  "This is stupid and you can't do it. Pick another race." And when I had convinced myself that it was a good idea; after my pulse had stopped thrumming behind my eyes and my rear end had quit twitching, I got an email from a friend; who encouraged and laughed with me about fear and reminded me just how dangerous self doubt is.

Turn it up folks. We have some more laps to do as well as a race to run. Pick up the pace Warriors. Together, we can do anything.

And thank you my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lady with the Lantern

 When the fire gets low and the voices quiet, she always comes up.  The lady with the lantern.  Now the stories often vary: She lost her bab...