Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I tried not to

Yeah, it's that never say never thing.  I wasn't going to say a word. I was just going to keep my dom mouth shut buuuuut....

IT'S WARRIOR TIME!!!!!

YES! I wasn't sure if anyone was going to do it. I know some had a horrible time and so I figured I would just do it on my own and celebrate quietly. But I thought better of it, floating the idea only to be pleasantly surprised by several acceptances.  I have even recruited a couple of newbies.  We are looking at June (I think) but we are still in the wrangling/scheduling stages. Soooo I guess we're back to hot and sweaty Mondays. hmmm...

Then the glove was thrown.  A couple of us have muttered about another race but I was steadfast in thinking I wouldn't attempt it until NEXT year.  We are not certain yet who will go, I don't know HOW I'll be physically ready but it's a whopper.  It's the Tough Mudder competition; similar to what we do now but it is three times the race and THEN add the obstacles.  It scares me; nine to twelve miles (depending on the venue...) Here: go look and then we can nervously giggle and point:

http://www.toughmudder.com/

We are yapping about the one at the end of October. So I must step it up a notch or three.  Today began the weights and strength training on top of my running. It's not that I haven't been doing it, but I increased. Once this stupid weather gets out of my way, I'll begin to run. 

I feel like the principal in Ferris Bueller: "Niiiiine tiiiiimes?" Niiiiiiiiine?"  heehee.

Well, I don't know if it will happen (the second and more deadly race) but I'm going to train like it is.
So here is our first new WPS: Kung Fu Fighting

It isn't that grinding speed but it catches me and I don't care if I look like an idiot when I punch the air while running around. Besides, Boo and I were dancing like crazies to it today. He told me he was happy that I was doing it again because it made me so happy to play in the mud.

4 comments:

  1. Woooo Hoooooo! Warrior time!!! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Thanks Love! It feels good to push it a little harder, lift a little more and run a little farther.

    And after all...

    It's about the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noooooo...you weren't supposed to post this! Now I can't sissy-out like I had planned. ;)

    Oh, and Steve, the stakes have been raised with the Mudder...just think "ink". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha

    Ain't no sissies here! LOL...INK? How should we train for that? Sharpies? Stencils?

    I tried..I tried not to...but when a hat is at stake, how can we not?

    ReplyDelete

The Lady with the Lantern

 When the fire gets low and the voices quiet, she always comes up.  The lady with the lantern.  Now the stories often vary: She lost her bab...