Sunday, July 3, 2011

Well I'm up north and loving every single second in spite of the rain today.  We are making bbq (practicing for a competition at the end of July) and I'm working on my first set of entries; ever.  I am usually just the dish dog and historian for the team while the boys do their thing, but we've decided I need to step into the ring with my little "creations" so I've been practicing a lot and forcing samples on everyone I know.  Who knows what will happen? It'll be fun to try them. We'll laugh more about it as the time nears.

I am also struggling with one of my stories.  I love it but I'm definitely fighting with it; trying to get my research to line up with the twist I want. Bah! A writer's work is never done.  Tomorrow I'll lock myself away and hammer it out but not today...I'm just so busy...Well, throw in that our friends have been with us for the weekend and I've been a little...distracted? Ahhhh. Good times. Great food and wonderful company. Life is so very good here at Promises.  We are so lucky.

I wish you all a wonderful holiday; filled with laughter, fabulous food and spectacular fireworks.  Ours will go off tonight provided Winston doesn't attack and run off with them all.  Little bugger. How he doesn't blow his head off is beyond me.  I hate to giggle and point but there is something about a thirteen pound little sausage galloping around with a screaming firework in his mouth; all the while trying to bark with sparks shooting from his face. I'll just get the burn cream and wipe away these laughing tears of mine...Ohhhh Wee man; you are the bomb. Really. You are. Take cover if you know what's good for you...

Well I need to build the fire for tonight, get the s'more stuff together and begin to bake the beans.  Who needs a beer? They're in the cooler, gang. Help yourself.  We'll begin to eat in twenty minute intervals shortly.  Loosen your belt, take off your shoes and laugh a little. It feels so good, doesn't it?  I'm glad you stopped by just for a minute or two. I've missed ya.

Warm hugs for you my friends.

2 comments:

  1. And a very happy July 4th to you and your family. Just be glad Winston does not swallow them. I am picturing sparks shooting out of his butt, rocketing him around the yard, with a look on his face that says "Yahooooo!!!!". Is that ACME printed on his side?

    I can't wait for the next story. I will leave you alone so you can write. See ya soon!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMFAO!!!! What a vision!

    It's true. We did put ACME on his side, it was part of the settlement after the rocket roller-skate incident. But we don't talk about that anymore.

    Thanks for stopping in. Always feels good to laugh with you. I'll be over shortly. ;)

    ReplyDelete

The Lady with the Lantern

 When the fire gets low and the voices quiet, she always comes up.  The lady with the lantern.  Now the stories often vary: She lost her bab...