Sunday, October 23, 2011

Oh my oh my.
I had a wonderful weekend, running farther than I have in ages and with my race next weekend, I am proud of my progress.  I confess extreme elation over our possession of the hot tub. My old bones doth protest. But I did it. Yay me.

My daughter grew up in a matter of moments thanks to a beautician and some scissors.  She has had long hair forever.  I've begged her to cut it but of course the answer is no because...it's me.  Well, as many of you know, I let her color her hair; burgundy and despite the free wielding advice of not to and what an awful mother I was for doing it, she looked great.  THEN she decided (out of the blue?) to cut it. Pixie style. Again...lots of advice and lectures but... she looks amazing. She loves every strand and feels confident. I'm proud of her both in conviction and decision.

My son? Well he proceeded to get his cut too and sachay around like a top model with that million dollar smile and that wit that leaves me speechless and filled with giggly tears (most days).

Why the drive by? Well, honestly I'm just getting home and I'm bushed.  I have one started but am too exhausted to finish it.  My week begins with a ton of running and appointments so it is going to have to be Tuesday or so before we get to really sit and yap.

Hang on ... this part of the road is a little bumpy...
Thanks for checkin in on me. I look forward to catching up soon.
Love,
Tess

2 comments:

  1. I can just picture your boy...acting goofy over a new haircut, love it. It must be amazing to watch your little girl grow up. Scary, but amazing. Congrats on your kids, you done good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He fluffs and primps and enrages his sister like any good little bro should. His quick wit is astounding to me. He loves laughing and being happy. He is good at it and it radiates to those around him. What a gift.

    She will be a wonderful woman. It is the scariest thing in the world to have to let her go. The worst part is having to do it so slowly; I think it hurts just a little more each day... but in the end she will be all right and we will get there. Together.

    *sigh*

    Thanks my dear. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete

The Lady with the Lantern

 When the fire gets low and the voices quiet, she always comes up.  The lady with the lantern.  Now the stories often vary: She lost her bab...