Friday, October 28, 2011

The Pine Hill Pull-Out

Let's not mince words. I have had a bitch of a week and absolutely can not take one more thing being put on my plate, dumped in my lap or left for me to fix/clean up/ ....lalala ... we on the same page?  I thought so.  The last straw was my drive home.  My route is famous for the smudgy butt-holes who ride the left turn lane and cut in right at the break of a street or simply plow through the intersection honking and being complete morons.  I had several of those today and being in my fragile state of mind, I did the only thing that I knew to do.  The following is dedicated to ALL who do this. May your Karma be swift and seen by many:


The song is "Tragedy" by the BeeGees.  My FAVORITE BeeGees song.
My therapy has been to write this, crank up the volume and "hustle".
 I will tack it on so you may sing along.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here I'm parked
At  a red light during rush hour
Had to work
but I'm done now I'm on my way out.
Goin home
I watch the Envoy creepin up
He's mouthing "Want in front of you"
Front of you
Let me through~ Let me through!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tragedy!
When you've got no class and you think you're first
It's Tragedy
Wanna throw some nails so your tires burst
I'll laugh and point
When no one will help you
You're goin nowhere.
______

Tragedy!
When the gap is closed and you can't squeeze in
It's Tragedy!
And  you see me flip the bird and grin
No one will budge
We're all pulling closer
You're goin nowhere.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You pull in
There's a burnin down inside of me
I hate your guts
with frustration that won't let me be
I reach down
And I turn on hal-o-gen high beams
They shine in your eyes so brightly
So brightly
Can't you see?! CAN'T YOU SEE?!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tragedy!
When you lose control
And you honk your horn
It's Tragedy~
So you've cut us off and you wave your arm
Hard to watch
You are so selfish
should be goin nowhere
____________________________

Tragedy!
But the cops have seen
And they pull out
Not a Tragedy!
And they flash their lights so you  have to stop
I'm glad to see
That you'll get a ticket
and be late somewhere......



Laugh with me please.  It will do us all some good. I just know it.

4 comments:

  1. Now you know the REAL reason I moved to another state!! Good job, I hope it helped relieve some of the stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the volume alone was able to kill off some of the blues. Augh! This has been awful. It did make me laugh and please don't brag so much about getting away. We can find you... We will DRIVE there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always welcome. Bring banana bread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Done and done. Such hospitality!

    ReplyDelete

The Lady with the Lantern

 When the fire gets low and the voices quiet, she always comes up.  The lady with the lantern.  Now the stories often vary: She lost her bab...