Saturday, October 15, 2011

Promises at a glance



Well, I've been there and back and loved every moment.  I got some Christmas shopping done, got to visit my favorite spa where I was pampered. I admit I went in with a lot of tension and stress; it's just part of being me, but my masseuse must have felt it because she proceeded to work me like pizza dough.  I thought tears were warranted at one point.  It felt as if I'd lost a bear wrestling match at the circus. But it was still a luxurious day. I enjoyed some friends, ate well, had bonfires where we sang to the moon and the coyotes convinced we sounded INCREDIBLY like Journey ;) and wrote. I got to hike and see more than enough wildlife; including the eagle, the river otters, the beaver, some deer and a kingfisher who was very busy whacking the life out of a minnow on my dock.  I am glad for the rain to wash the crime scene.  Life is so very good.

I pushed a little farther in my training, first race coming up in a couple of weeks. I step up in distance again soon. Thank God for my new fahnsay running shoes. I'm nervous but I think I can do it.  I've been working so hard. I'm proud of all my progress and thank you for the kind words and encouragement.  I'm getting there.

So I will catch up with you soon, after all the hub-ub settles.  I missed the family (as is the point) and from all the texting, I might have been missed a little too.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.  I'm heading out early in the morning.
Thanks for spending some vacation time with me. I've liked having you around.
Love,

Tess

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures Tess! I am definitely jealous of your paradise retreat. Glad you had a good time, and got to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Thanks Love. You can share anytime. It was wonderful, much deserved and greatly needed.

    Cookies are on the porch.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

The Lady with the Lantern

 When the fire gets low and the voices quiet, she always comes up.  The lady with the lantern.  Now the stories often vary: She lost her bab...